O’Donohues Bakery Ltd is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of O’Donohues Bakery Ltd in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- O’Donohues Bakery Ltd
- Contact details of O’Donohues Bakery are as follows:
- Kilcruttin Centre, Tullamore, Co. Offaly, Ireland
- Phone number: 00353 579321411
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is O’Donohues Bakery
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
O’Donohues Bakery Ltd is a family run business based in Tullamore, set up by Cathal and Frances in 1989 with the aim of supplying Hand-crafted Artisan breads to the Midlands.
You’ll find our high-quality range of breads in Dunnes stores, Tesco, Supervalu, Centra, Londis and a lot more including your local independent retailer. We currently service the following areas: Offaly, Laois, Westmeath, Kildare, Longford and Roscommon.
5th generation bakers, you’ll find quality is our benchmark and our range of fine quality breads attest to that. Our best sellers include our Batch and Sodas, both winners in the prestigious Great Taste Awards (GTA’S).
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Cathal O’Donohue (Managing Director)
- 00353 579321411
Purpose for processing your data
- When using our contact form(s) you will be asked to enter information such as your name and contact details. We use these details to assess your request and may use these to contact you for further information or answer your request. When using our contact form, the information you submit is stored in our website database (encrypted in Flo CMS system only) as a back-up for a period of 15 days after which it is deleted automatically. The original enquiry is sent to our offices by email, this is sent via TLS (Transport Layer Security) for higher security.
- Customers details will be stored in our database for the purpose of liasing with you and will be stored for as long as you are a customer with us. If leaving us your details will be deleted within 12 months of being notified by you that you no longer wish to use our services.
- We have taken extra steps to insure the data you provide us with is dealt with in a safe manner:
- Our site is hosted on SSL (secure socket layer) which means communications between the site and server are fully encrypted (for instance when you submit a contact form)
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you with general information you have requested O’Donohues Bakery Ltd need to collect personal data.
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Your details are required in order for us to contact you back and provide you with the information you have requested.
In any event, O’Donohues Bakery Ltd are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will O’Donohues Bakery ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
O’Donohues Bakery Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
In the case of enquiries we do not share your data. We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to O’Donohues Bakery Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with O’Donohues Bakery Ltd procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Our Accountants
- Courier Services
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
O’Donohues Bakery ltd facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that O’Donohues Bakery ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. O’Donohues Bakery Ltd will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by O’Donohues Bakery Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and O’Donohues Bakery Ltd data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.